[Chugalug] Linux removes support for 386

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 02:19:31 UTC 2012

Some things I just don't understand.

Like why anyone would be using a 386 in 2013 (which it almost is).  The
"last ones" were made in 2007 - which is about to be 6 years ago - but in
2007, we already had Core 2 Duos, so I don't know what they were being used
for even then.  386 is an 80s chip!  Unless you got some missions critical
data on a 30 year old computer - (I'm sure I'm looking at you US
Government) - you should not be using a 386 in 2013.  Or 2007.  Or any year
starting with a 2.

If you do have missions critical stuff on a computer not made
this millennia - start getting it off of there immediately.  What is your
problem?

*- Chad W. Smith*