[Chugalug] Linux removes support for 386

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Wed Dec 12 23:10:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 3:01 PM, DaWorm <daworm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wonder how many embedded 386 boards out there will notice?

I found it fascinating that Intel was building 386 chips into 2007. I
mean I know various embedded device chips have long lifespans, but
there's got to be some interesting economics involved in whatever
devices were still 386 based a decade and a half into the product's
life without warranting a re-design to something lower power and...
what... according to Moore's law a thousand times faster? Wow.

Dan