[Chugalug] Richard Stallman and open source

James Nylen jnylen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:59:08 UTC 2012

The part that got me was:

"When he started going on about freedom, I thought he was role-playing, and
so I played along. Since then, we’ve been inseparable."

I think RMS is absolutely right that free (as in speech) software is
important to preserving our freedoms, and will only become more so in the
future.

Is he an asshole?  Sure.  But I don't think he's wrong.  I also think
someone with a less abrasive personality and less radical views would have
failed in a lot of the places he has succeeded.