[Chugalug] Samba 4.0 released - The First Free Software Active Directory Compatible Server is now available !

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Wed Dec 12 08:48:02 UTC 2012

What it means is: An insane number of people think this is a good thing,
The host it is hosted on is buckling under the load of people going:
   OMG I need/want this.

I get the same IP in S. Africa and the USA:

   www.samba.org is an alias for fn.samba.org.
   fn.samba.org has address 216.83.154.106
   fn.samba.org has IPv6 address 2001:470:1f05:1a07::1

My guess is they have 1 web server.

You can help solve this problem:
http://www.samba.org/samba/donations.html

You can also make donations by check. Please make checks payable to the
'Samba Team' and send them to:

    Samba Team
    c/o Software Freedom Conservancy, Inc.
    137 Montague St Ste 380
    Brooklyn, NY 11201-3548

Send them what you would pay for a license(s) to a Microsoft product
they are saving your network from..

--Mike--

Mike Harrison   bogon at geeklabs.com  cell: 423.605.6943