[Chugalug] Richard Stallman and open source

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 22:35:43 UTC 2012

His name is Dick.

He is a crazy person because he regularly demands that projects to which he
has offered exactly zero support or endorsement use the term "GNU/Linux"
because he believes that everyone who ever used anything Linux related owes
him worship and adoration.

I have seen this first hand.  It was my first introduction to who he was.
 He came on the OpenOffice.org mailing list (which was my introduction to
open source software) and demanded that project start using the term
"GNU/Linux" on its website, or face his wraith.

That's how I "met" Dick Stallman.  I have never seen any reason to change
my initial impression of him as an insane
fanatical-to-the-point-of-blackmail Free Software Freak (which is what FSF
really stands for).

Personally, I don't care if you pronounce it Lynn-ucks or Line-icks or some
other weird combination.  But if you call it GNU/Linux, my impression of
you drops about 75 points.  All thanks to Dick Stallman.

*- Chad W. Smith*