[Chugalug] lightweight installs

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 7 15:11:12 UTC 2012

at least,  a random machine with a usb port ;-)

I thought Linux would run on just about anything but apparently not on an
hp9000/800/g50

after sitting in a corner of my den for 5+ years, I finally got a console card
for The Beast earlier this week and was able to see, for the first time, this
loud, 96Mhz, 128mb ram Beast "do something"

http://s318813070.onlinehome.us/20121205/hp9000_800_g50.JPG
http://s318813070.onlinehome.us/20121205/1703_60003.JPG
http://s318813070.onlinehome.us/20121205/console.JPG

I suppose if I get sufficiently bored I might try my luck at dd'ing hp-ux 10.x
from my desktop hp9000 onto the hd of the g50 and see if I can actually get it
to boot up.

Why?  Why not.