[Chugalug] lightweight installs

Phil Sieg phil.sieg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 12:20:29 UTC 2012

+1 for Puppy linux

Meuon helped me set up a handful of installs on 800mhz "thin clients" running on 512mb CF cards back in 2008. I was using them to run a Political Campaign Office and had a Spreadsheet, WP app, Email, and Browser, and Skype running on each machine. They could network print and over 5,000 campaign calls were placed from them using skype.

Not a single crash or Hiccup. 800mhz VIA processors with 256mb ram and a 512mb CF card. Pretty Damned Impressive.

Puppy is your friend.

Phil Sieg
President
SeniorTech LLC / Snapfon